Raymond Island Photo Walk
Raymond Island is a small island in the Gippsland Lakes in eastern Victoria, Australia, about 300 km from Melbourne. The island is approximately 6 km long by 2 km wide, and is just 200m off the coast, across from the town of Paynesville. Home to kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, possums, wombats, snakes, lizards and birdlife – they are all living in one unique location.
Start the day learning the skills from a Professional Photographer! In this 3 hour tour you will cover the following:
- How to approach your subject
- What equipment is best
- Developing your technique
- How to recognise keys points of interest
- Use of available light & light metering
You will begin the walk at The Fickle Fig cafe in Paynesville, then catch a ferry to Raymond Island exploring the picturesque Paynesville across the water. Snap a photo of a koala, ask as many questions as you like and learn photography in an active and fun way. Your adventure takes you through the island in search for light, inspiration and creativity.
Finish with a coffee or lunch at one of the local Paynesville establishments and debrief on the day. This is a great opportunity to exchange stories and make new local connections.
On the day
Length & Availibility
- The walk starts at 7am at the Fickle Fig cafe in Paynesville, followed by group coffee or lunch to finish off and make new local connections
- Available all year round
Numbers on the Day
To maximise your learning experience and for the tour to go ahead, we accept min of 3 and max of 10 participants.
If the weather looks like unbearable on the day, you’ll be contacted early that morning to advise that the walk will not operate. Otherwise, the walk will operate as scheduled. In the event of cancellation, we will offer you an alternative workshop date.
- Dress for the weather – wear loose comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear for walking
- Sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, gloves and a raincoat are also recommended
The experience provider is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
Other Important Information..
Suitable for families with children, beginners, travellers and explorers who have a basic knowledge of their camera.
Once this experience has been confirmed changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and arranged directly with them – in writing (via email) – according to our policy:
- Greater than 14 days prior to the experience date: Re-schedule to another date on the same workshop without penalty.
- Between 0 – 14 days of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book.
Wheelchair access possible, please notify us at the time of booking.
*Please include your Camera + Lens Model upon booking. This will help us personalise your learning experience.