Ballarat’s We R You project has now wrapped up its wings – our friendly helpers will be visiting the sites for some time and replacing a couple of damaged posters. I wouldn’t be myself if I haven’t collated some kind of handy statistics for you
135 Days Project duration
174 Signatures of Participants
1082 Files/Portraits taken during two opening days at MADE Museum May 4 & 5th
97 GB of Raw and edited project data
187 edited A0 sized files for printing
8 Cameras used: 7 donated by Camera House Ballarat and 1 of my own
Number of smiles & positive comments received: too many to even start counting!
We had a limited time to connect with our audience and so this was the best way to connect with the audience: to get to know them and their personality through imagery and in a very short amount of time. This project was a very good example of this.
We R You has been an energetic exercise for all involved and I’m proud to have been selected to run it. Huge thanks go to Deborah Klein from City of Ballarat Arts & Culture Unit for securing funding for this project, for being extremely supportive and enthusiastic and for mastering the Art of Glue mixing to perfection! We got our hands dirty many times to get these posters up, quite often in the rain.
Thanks also to all community groups who have supported this project and sent their participants our way:
- Victorian Police
- CoB Community Safety Committee
- Ballarat Health Refugee Support Group
- UnitingCare Ballarat
- Ballarat African Association
- CMY Centre for multicultural Youth
- CoB Cultural Diversity Unit & Multicultural Ambassadors
- CoB Youth Services
- BLX LinkUp – participation
- MADE Museum
- Mount Clear International Exchange Students, Phoenix Students, Yuille Park Community College Students & Teachers
- Victorian Dept. Of Human Services / Delacombe Neighbourhood Renewal
- Thanks to or printers for their patience with dealing with so many files
- and to many individuals who have either helped, modelled, commented and expressed their views and support. Huge thanks to all who called me to personally express their positive comments and appreciation.
WITHOUT YOU THE WALLS ARE EMPTY
Dave at Voice FM asked me yesterday what’s next on my agenda? I’m sure you’ll hear very soon. One thing certain, I cannot wait to be emerged with yet another fantastic photography/community project somewhere someday soon..